Saturday, September 15, 2018

Welcome, Welcome

I'm starting over. I've had this blog for a long time and never fully kept up with it because I didn't exactly know what I wanted it to be. So here goes round 497. 

My name is Sarah and I will be the first to tell you that I have no clue what I am doing. I am passionate about all things beauty and health. I'm a nurse trying to navigate the world of being an adult. I make mistakes (lets call them mishaps) on a regular basis. So, if you are looking for the perfect blogger who seems to have their sh*t together, that may be goals but it is definitely not me.

I have loved all things beauty since my freshman year of high school. I was OBSESSED - I knew what collections were coming out when and I needed to have them. In college I calmed a bit but still very much cared. Then, I graduated. I threw myself into the hustle and bustle of adulting and working and my passion for beauty began to fall to the wayside. I was rolling out of bed, slapping some tinted moisturizer on while still half asleep and was lucky if my hair was in a ponytail by the time I got to work.. Glamorous, I know. I was going through the motions daily, I loved my work but was definitely putting myself on the back burner. Im going on my third year in the "real world" and I am starting to get the hang of things, including taking care of myself again. Am I going to work in full glam? No. Am I making at least a little effort with my appearance and really enjoying it.

Now let's talk about health. Working in healthcare tends to include promotion of a healthy lifestyle but my journey started before that. My journey has been a long one that will get it's whole own post but it has helped me to learn a lot of things about myself and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Two of the most important things I've learned is balance (which everyone talks about but what does that really even mean?) and that I LOVE cooking and baking. Some days I'm super motivated to workout and others I spend resting watching TV on the couch. There are weeks I cook all my own meals and try out new recipes in the kitchen; then there are times that I really just want pizza and French fries delivered.. 

This is life and this is my life, as it happens. 

Do I have it all figured out? No. On this blog I'm going to work to share the things I've learned so far, things I'm working on figuring out and any mishaps that someone may find useful or entertaining. I'll talk about products I like and those I shouldn't have spent money on. I'll share the recipes that work out and the workouts I'm enjoying (or doing regardless to build the habit).  If someone reads a post, great! If not, this blog is more for me than anything else. Something huge I've learned since graduating to the "real world" is that you will find more success in doing things for yourself then if you do them because that's what others want or expect you to do. So welcome, welcome! Here we go again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment