Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Let's Talk About Food..

Or maybe let's not.. I have set myself a new goal for the end of September. For a long time, probably elementary or middle school, I have thought a lot about food. The majority of the time I was thinking about food, it was in regards my weight. I counted calories, tried different diets, and even tried counting macros. I've gotten a few nutrition plans and followed them loosely. Everything I have done has always increased my focus on food. However, when I think about food, I want to eat food. If I think about limiting something in my diet, it makes want it more and want it now. Recently, the harder I try to clean up what I'm eating, the harder time I'm having - I've decided that I'm over thinking things. I'm complicating things too much and as a result I don't want to make my own food. It is so easy to get wrapped up in articles and social media; frequently I find myself going down the rabbit hole.

So I'm trying something new & I want to see how this goes.

For the remainder of the month of September I am going to simplify things. I want to eat like someone who isn't constant thinking about food or how the food they're eating is going to effect their weight.

1. I am not going to buy an obscene amount of groceries and plan multiple recipes for the week. I've been very inspired by instagram/meal plans and trying too much to plan ahead to the point I'm overwhelmed. 
Instead: I am going to only get what I need or run out of and prep components that are easy to throw together in addition to maybe one meal. 

2. I'm going to use up what I have. I buy things that I often get pushed to the back because I would rather have something else or I at some point decided it really wasn't that healthy to eat. Balance is healthy and not focusing on food is healthy. Yes, there is some food with more nutritional value than other food but all food will provide energy. I can have cereal for breakfast and maybe add fruit if I want or if not and still eat the damn cereal because it tastes good.

3. Minimize my take out. It is great to eat in a social setting and I will never limit that however, I do not need to order delivery regularly to my apartment ESPECIALLY when I have perfectly good groceries that I'm not using sitting in the fridge.


These are the changes that I will be making for the rest of the month. 

I want to see how my body and my mind feel at the end of my month and will go from there in October. I want to find a way that I feel my best both mentally and physically. I want to find balance in my life and actually be able to focus on my life instead of where I want myself to be or the things I am going to do when I hit XYZ weight. 

Let's see how this goes.. Updates to come at the end of the month! Let me know in the comments below if there are any posts that you want to see from me!

xox Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment