Thursday, September 27, 2018

I'm Deciding to Care

about me, myself, & I. For a while I've been putting self care on the back burner & blaming this on fatigue but no more. I am making a few commitments to myself for the remainder of this calendar year. I can add small things to my all day binges on Grey's Anatomy (or Jack Ryan) that all focus on taking care of myself.

I am using eye masks that I keep in the fridge on the bags under my eyes. Being a nurse my sleep schedule is inconsistent and after working multiple days in a row I look how I feel - tired. These eye mask things feel amazing and actually help with my puffiness.

Instead of a big self tanning day, I'm going to use the Jergens gradual tanning regularly after my showers. I am very pale and in the fall and winter my skin begins to look translucent/glows. I want to add a little healthy looking color to my skin and maybe even embrace the skirts and high boots look..

Food freedom (which I talked about in my last post!) - It's going pretty well so far. I'm working on balance but my craving for take out had decreased dramatically and I'm actually burning through the food that has been sitting in my freezer for months. Keeping it simple and not making anything off limits is definitely benefiting my mental health.

GO FOR A WALK. The weather is absolutely beautiful and I'm working to get in regular walks around the city. I can still binge watch my favorite shows but it is good to take a quick pause and get moving. It actually helps me be less sore than when I'm laying on the couch all day.

Finally I'm adding a little time to care about my appearance before leaving the apartment. I have tons of cute clothes that I would love to wear but regularly end up in leggings or sweats.. I'm putting some effort into my appearance and not letting all of that spending go to waste. I'm working on throwing together quick, easy, comfortable outfits and throwing a little tinted moisturizer and maybe some bronzer on my face before traipsing around the city or going to the grocery store. I'm not at the point where I'm getting dolled up to go downstairs to grab my packages - let's not get ridiculous here.

I'm going to do my best to regularly add these 5 small things into my routine & will update how things are going and if I'm adding or subtracting anything from this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment