Sunday, July 23, 2017

All Used Up

Fun fact: I'm moving!! Now I've always known that I have slight hoarding tendencies but now that I'm condensing to move out, those "tendencies" have become very apparent. For one, if I find a product, like foundation, that I really really like but I'm getting down to the end of the bottle:
1. I will salvage the sh*t out of it and only use it on a very occasional basis meaning. 
2. I will basically use an entire other bottle of foundation in that time.
3. I put off throwing it away because I feel that I will either forget about it or there is maybe something left in it that I can use. 
4. I justify keeping said product by telling myself I will need it for a picture to do a blog post on it and we all know how frequent these posts come...

I have issues, I know. That being said.. THREE of my favorite foundations have reached their end. 



I am so sad to see you go.


First we have the Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done. Yes. Just yes. If you're looking for something wicked easy for the summer that you can throw on with your fingers or a Beauty Blender that blends well, this is it. It is very light weight but a great amount of coverage for going about your day. It also has SPF 20 in it which is just the icing on the cake. This is a perfect daily foundation that feels like a tinted moisturizer but has a little more coverage. 

Next is the Clinique Superbalanced Silk Makeup. Thicker than the Urban Decay and I would recommend using a beauty blender for this one if you want a clean finish. I really loved this foundation, it has TONS of coverage. The one downside is that if you are actually porcelain like me, there is too much color in this foundation. I had to make sure to blend this down my neck and into my hair line or it was very visible. Again this has SPF 15 which makes it great for daytime especially in the summer. I do wish this came in a lighter shade for the winter but I would buy this again as a summer foundation. 

Finally, my favorite, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation. LOVE. Fair neutral is a perfect color for me in the summer. I was deciding between fair neutral and porcelain while buying this product and honestly in the winter I would probably need the porcelain shade. This foundation provides a medium coverage between the Urban Decay foundation and the Clinique foundation. Once I move this will probably be my first repurchase. Again, SPF 15 so it is great for the day time. The only downside to this foundation is that the SPF can sometimes cause a camera flash to reflect weirdly if you were to wear it out at night. That being said, I wore this foundation all of the time. It feels amazing on the skin. It provided plenty of coverage for my work day and my skin did not break out from it. 


 Have/would you try any of these foundations? Leave a comment below! Also, my Nordstrom package came in so keep an eye out for a review of my anniversary sale purchases soon!

xox Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment