Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Read & Read

Today is a DOUBLE WHAMMY!
Why post about two books from the same series that I read in two days in two different posts?  I can write about and review them together and have no fear, I will make spoiler alerts!! (Mainly, do not read a good portion of the second book's review if you have not finished the first one!)

  
 


Today we are talking about Jamie Beck's St. James novels.  Need a quick, quirky, romantic read? This series is it.  I devoured the books.  They are easy to get through and as the book progresses you learn more and more about the characters back stories.  These books are a "can't put it down even after I finish this chapter because I'VE BEEN LEFT HANGING AGAIN" kind of books so if you don't have time for that, I would suggest waiting until you can read the book in essentially a sitting.  

First, Worth the Wait

My friend did tell me not to start this book if I did not have time to finish it because I would be addicted. I downloaded it anyway and quickly found out she was right.  I finished this book in less than a day.

I am a sap for a good love story. The premise that the main character spent her childhood pining over her best friend's older brother now on vacation with the family; yes, just yes. You guys know that I love my books where you get both points of view - something I wish was possible in every situation in real life but alas.  We get the points of view of Vivi and David.  I don't want to say too much but if you are looking for a book to fly through when you have time this summer by the beach or the pool, definitely read Worth the Wait.

Next, Worth the Trouble

Thank goodness that when I finished the first one, there was only one week until the second book was released.  This time, the focus of the book is Vivi's best friend, Cat St. James.  The characters were established in the first book so this is a series that you really do need to read in order to understand what is going on.  Cat's tumultuous love life makes this book a page turner.  I also happened to find Cat very funny in both books; she has an entertaining personality.  This hard to read strong female lead is perfect.  I loved that Cat's diary entries were in the book, slowly fracturing the facade she portrays.  I don't want to say more because I do not want to spoil anything.  Again, I read this book in a day but unlike last time, I've been waiting a while for the next book.

Have you read either of these books or do you plan on checking them out?  If so, leave a comment below!! Also let me know what books you will be reading this summer!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment