Wednesday, February 24, 2016

REVIEW: flapJacked Protein Pancake and Baking Mix

I may or may not have a minor obsession with pancakes and waffles... So I am all about trying to find a more fulling alternative which tends to lead me towards protein pancakes.  I have tried using straight protein powder and a few other mixes that are high in protein and they are fine but could be closer to the real thing.  This mix is the real deal.

Now, I have heard of this mix before and even went to the website to figure out what flavor I was going to order but never actually did.  The other day in the supermarket, I spotted this bag of mix out of the corner of my eye on a lower shelf and decided that I had to get it.  I hadn't seen it before in a supermarket so I was really excited to find a place that carried it - I'm an instant satisfaction type of person (as is most of my generation).


I got the Banana Hazelnut flavor because those are two of my favorite things.  Warning: it does strongly smell like banana when mixing the batter.  These pancakes taste AMAZING and they're fluffy!!!! They are also extremely filling. 


The batter will thicken as you let it sit (which the directions tell you).  The first batch I made i thought the batter was plenty thick but the second batch I added too much water and when it thickened up a little the pancakes came out still fantastic.  


I have yet to try the other flavors - I'm trying to only buy new things as I need them and I have a bit of pancake mix to work through before I could probably justify getting another.  

If you have tried this mix before or have another to recommend, let me know in the comments below!!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment