Monday, January 4, 2016

Just because you do not track it does not mean it did not happen..

I could lie all I want on social media and pretend that I follow plans perfectly but as I said, that would be lying.

I know I'm not following the 8 week nutrition plan from the Tone It Up Challenge fully and I did not have any intention of following it to a T (or however the phrase is spelled).  When I'm home my mom cooks dinner so that is what I am going to eat and I can follow most of the ideas of the plan without following the exact guide.

That being said..

Today is the first da and i thought about not mentioning on my instagram/check-in that I had a hash brown this morning and I had a perfect 10 cookie tonight because I should be able to stick to something the first day right?  But then I thought about it more and decided that just because I do not track it does not mean that it did not happen.  Did I still fall within my calories goal? Yes. Yes, I am tracking calories at the moment, do what works for you, I am trying to figure out what works for me.  I am also trying to have a healthier relationship with food that does not include knowing/fussing over the caloric content of the things I choose to eat (but that is a post for another time). I digress, but the main point is that I could lie all I want about what I am eating and what exercises I'm doing to make myself seem perfect. My body will remember, I will remember, and there is no reason to falsify what you are doing to impress complete strangers.

This blog is not called Mumbles & Perfection, it is called Mumbles & Mishaps because I am NOT EVEN CLOSE to being perfect so I might as well be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment