Sunday, June 21, 2015

Read & Read

So I most definitely go through phases with books.  Sometimes you just need a romantic love story, or a nice classic, or some smutty novel in your life because that is the mood you are in.  A lot of the time I like to read books considered "young adult" and dystopian or mythical because I need a break from reality but still like a good love story.  After reading Red Queen which I 110% recommend if you're into the kind of books I just described, one of my recommendations on Amazon was for A Court of Thorns and Roses which I put off buying.  I read the blurb and decided that I had enough books on my kindle already to get through etc. and didn't feel immensely interested.  However, this book kept showing up everywhere I was looking; it was recommended on a bunch of other lists and then it was in a magazine and I saw it at target - literally, it was everywhere.


Needless to say, I ordered the book. I finished it in under 24 hours.  I actually enjoyed it so much that I went on to read the other series by Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass. There was a part towards the end that I wanted to progress a little faster but that was more out of frustration than anything.  I could not put this book down. Both books have a sassy, strong-willed, sarcastic female lead which was great; they're both very funny girls.  The best part may be that Feyre, the main character, is not perfect, she has thoughts of defeat and heads into a downward spiral etc that REAL LIFE PEOPLE experience too making the characters more relatable; I felt like I was rooting for Feyre more because she is able to pick herself back up and deal.  This book is actually a bit like Beauty and the Beast but instead of a witch cursing a beast, you have faeries. 

I'm not certain what I am in the mood to read next but I am really going to try to go through some of the books on my kindle before buying anything else. Let me know if you have read this book or are planning on reading it! Also let me know your current favorite books, incase I get bored and need some new ones.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment