Sunday, May 24, 2015

Small Victories

I finally got my a** out of bed and out of the house this morning.  Now I've been out of the house since I've gotten home but for the past week I go to bed saying I am going to get up in the morning and walk outside and I haven't.  Today I did and it was great.  I love going on a walk to clear my head.  I also walk to Starbucks which is one of my favorite places and a nice little treat on a hot day.  I had planned to run a bit this morning - I am trying to get into running for Lord knows why - but by the time I convinced myself to start jogging I was a hop, skip, and a jump away from Starbucks.  I did it but I want to start my jog a little sooner and work my way up to jogging the entire way (daunting, I know).

Keeping on the productivity train, I got home and ran on the elliptical (after finishing my grande nonfat iced hazelnut latte of course!) for half an hour while watching Fast & Furious 6.  I hadn't seen it yet and really wanted to see the new one, I love the whole series - fast cars & hot guys, yes please.  I did a little bit more of a workout during the movie because I was actually so motivated I had trouble sitting still.  Workout wise, I had a pretty great day today.

I ALSO sent out another application today and was able to easily write a cover letter stating positive qualities about myself and why I qualify for the job which never happens for me. Pat on the back for that one.

It is really nice that I had such a great day after a pretty negative night and hopefully I can ride this positivity for a while (this post is being posted a day later than it was written).  If you can't tell by this post, I'm in a pretty good mood and feeling more myself - another victory.  To finish off the day, I watched the Devil Wears Prada, a movie I love so I had a very productive and relaxing day.

Small victories add up and I believe that they are extremely important.  Anything that goes right, take it.  Be confident, be happy, and count your small victories.

I have a haul post coming up soon & leave suggestions for other posts in the comments below!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment