Saturday, May 23, 2015

Cleaning Up My Life

I am in a bit of a slump currently with everything.  Now that my room is somewhat cleaned up, I'm working on cleaning up my life and pulling my sh*t together.  These are some of the steps I am taking to break out of my funk.

1. I went through and unsubscribed to a ton of emails. It was very liberating and I highly suggest it. I no longer wake up to 15 emails in the morning and I am LOVING it.

2. I want to get into a really good skin care routine.  I used to be wicked good about taking care of my skin (before I was in college) and I would like to get back to that.  I really haven't been doing anything to my skin since I've gotten home (not even wearing makeup) and I'm starting to break out al little bit so it is time to remedy that.

3. On the topic of skin: I am trying out the Gold Bond KP treatment cream since my arms get really red and patchy. Nothing has really helped so I figured why not give this cream a shot! Especially since it is bare arms season.

4. I need to do my nails.  I really sit around doing nothing all day once I workout so it would be very easy to do my nails.  Nails and makeup are two things I really enjoy and I'm currently not paying attention to either :(

5.  Get dressed for the day.  When I wake up I put on my workout clothes and that is what I end up lounging in for the rest of the day.  Some days I don't even get out of my pjs; it is becoming ridiculous.

6.  Eat when I'm hungry, not when I'm bored, and put some more focus into what I am putting in my mouth.  Something I haven't addressed is that I have some stomach problems and a lot of foods make me feel really sick - some weeks are very bad and other weeks are perfectly fine.  Recently I've been pretty fine so I've been eating more than I usually do but I am waking up with the worst stomach cramps and feeling sluggish/sh*tty throughout the day.  Also, drink more water - forever a goal.

7. Walk.  Sitting around is not doing anything for me.  I am going to start going on walks to get up and get active especially on days that I am not working out. I love being outside and it has been pretty nice recently.  After the absurd winter we had, I should really take advantage of these lovely days.

8.  Make my bed. So so simple but something haven't done since being at home.  I only sleep with a comforter so it is actually painfully simple to make my bed yet in the morning I toss my comforter over to the side and it stays that way until I crawl back into bed.

9. Go to bed earlier.  Plain and simple.

10. Set an alarm & make a plan.  I want to get up at a good hour IN THE MORNING and make a plan for the day.  At school I plan out my life so at home I clearly need to plan out my life too or else little gets done. 

How do you clean up your life?  Do you get a ridiculous amount of emails as well (or just me)? Let me know in the comments below and I hope everyone has an amazing day!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment