Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Current Fitness Plan

http://stylecaster.com/fitness-quotes-to-motivate-you/ 
Current is the key word in the title of this post.  I tend to bop around a lot when it comes to fitness and lifestyle changes (aka diets).  I get bored of things or I miss things I was doing before I decided to follow set workouts from various fitness gurus.  I do eat fairly healthy in general - could I eat better? Yes.  Do I still eat things that are not the best from me? Yes.  Depriving myself of things I enjoy has not worked in the past and I want to enjoy the life that I live.  I will do another entire post about my lifestyle changes and weight loss etc. etc.

I am currently (and loosely) following the TIU bikini series that just started.  I do really like the TIU girls and they take tons of the guess work out for you.  I do like a bunch of their recipes but I really like that they map out their philosophy so that you can adapt a lot the foods you already eat to work with their plan.  Their workouts are fun and cute and fairly short - you don't have to spend hours upon hours of working out which is great because frankly I don't have time for that.  I mainly pull meal ideas and workouts from the plan though I don't always strictly follow the weekly workout guide.  On weeks I have more time I follow the workouts they suggest, counterintuitive, I know but when I'm stressed or having a busy week I tend to go for my default workouts since they're very routine to me.

I like the idea of having a guide/plan.  If I have a schedule, or make one for myself, I am more likely to follow it.  Right now my goal is to workout 5 days a week, with 2 active rest days.  I am a nursing student and sometimes after I get home from a long shift at the hospital, all I want to do is eat and sleep; I count these days as active rest days because I was standing for the vast majority of the day, I wasn't laying around in bed only getting up to go to the kitchen or the bathroom (I have those days too).

Yesterday was Legs & Cardio day.  I walk/ran for 30 mins alternating and when I was walking, I was walking on an incline.  Normally I do weights first but I'm not a huge fan of running and I wanted to make sure I could get a treadmill and just get it over with.  I then did some weight training and I know I did some hard work because today I cannot walk..

Today I'm going to go to yoga, my legs definitely need a good stretch (also my booty call).  I am also going to do the new mermaid full body workout from TIU.   A great suggestion I have for quick and efficient workouts when you're wicked busy is to get the Nike Training ap; they have a bunch of workouts and a lot of them you need very little equipment and do not need to go to the gym for!


I do a little daily diary post later where I'l sum up the major things I did each day and I'll include the workouts for the rest of the week in that!

Let me know if you have any fitness tips or if you're doing the bikini series too in the comments below!

Summary of today: lots to do and so little time!
xox
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment